About Trey Gore
1. Name: Trey Gore
2. Age: 50
3. City: Brandon, MS
4. Occupation: Digital Media Technology Instructor at Hinds Community College – Rankin Campus
5. When did you start running? I started running in January of 2018
6. Why did you start running? The reason I started running was to lose some weight and get “heart healthy” My mother died of a heart attack and both of her parents died of heart attacks, so I’m trying to avoid that if possible.
7. Why did you join Eat & Run MS? I joined Eat & Run MS because I have run a lot of miles that I thought should have a “purpose”. Eat & Run MS is a way for my miles to mean something more than just logging miles.
8. What is your favorite local place to run? My favorite local place to run is in Easthaven neighborhood before the sun comes up.
9. What is your favorite distance to run? My favorite distance is probably 10K because I can get 6.2 miles in before going to work and it just makes for a better day.
10. What is your favorite race to run? I would have to say my favorite race to date has been the Magnolia Meltdown 1/2 marathon this past year because it was held on my mother’s birthday, so finishing that race (I had a femoral stress fracture before I ever started and didn’t know it) really means a lot.
11. What is your next running goal? My next running goal is to run the 30A 1/2 marathon in October of 2020.
12. What is your goal mileage for 2020? My goal milage for this year is 420 miles.
To donate for Trey’s miles, click here and choose his name in the “Donate for” section